Superfoods are natural, unprocessed foods, high in nutritional value. Some great examples that can be found in any grocery store or market include:
- Dark green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, and collard greens are high in magnesium, potassium and phytonutrients. They are also a good source of iron and they are loaded with fiber for healthy digestion.
- Berries, including blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and goji berries are a tasty way to get your daily allowance of antioxidants, vitamin C, and other nutrients
- Avocado is loaded with healthy fats that help balance your cholesterol and protect your body from serious illnesses.
- Broccoli is packed with fiber, vitamin C, and calcium. Broccoli will help lower your cholesterol, work as an anti-inflammatory, and it has plenty of antioxidants.
- Walnuts have beneficial fats, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients along with a variety of minerals like calcium, chromium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
As you can see, plenty of ordinary foods are considered superfoods. Healthy eating is all about everyday superfoods, including a wide variety of vegetables in every color, healthy fruits, nuts, and berries, cold water fish like salmon and sea bass, and whole grains.
With the right foods, you can’t go wrong!