Finding time in your busy life for an exercise routine can be tough.
Here are 5 easy exercises with great benefits:
1. Planking. Holding your body off the ground by resting your weight on your forearms and the balls of your feet is more challenging than you might imagine. Start with 3 sets in 30 second intervals, and work up from there. It may not look like exercise, but it engages multiple muscle groups to tone your arms, legs, and core all at once.
2. Walking. Almost anyone can walk. Start slow and easy, and add time, speed and incline as you grow stronger. All you need is a good pair of shoes and decent weather (or an indoor treadmill). For most people, 30 minutes a day at a brisk pace will keep you fit and healthy throughout your life.
3. Deep breathing. Stress causes us to breathe rapidly and shallowly. Deep breathing lowers your stress, improves circulation, helps you sleep better, and simply makes you feel good.
4. Jazz up your housecleaning. You have to clean, so why not turn up the music and make it fun? Vacuuming and dusting can be good exercise alone, but adding some dazzling dance steps to your cleaning routine will add to your workout and accomplish two things at once.
5. Swimming. Splashing around in the pool doesn’t have to be fancy to be effective. Pool exercise is highly aerobic and low-impact, easy on the joints and feet. You can work out every part of your body with a good swim or even an underwater power-walk in chest deep water with arm swings.